MICROSOFT email programs
Do NOT forget to unplug your power, Phone wires when you are not using your computer during the Thunderstorm season.
I learned a computer trick
today that's really ingenious in its simplicity. As you may know, when/if a worm virus
gets into your computer it heads straight for your email address book and sends itself to
everyone in there, thus infecting all your friends and associates. This trick won't keep
the virus from getting into your computer, but it will stop it from using your address
book to spread further, and it will alert you to the fact that the worm has gotten into
|If you can't connect to the
Dial-up modem Check to see if you have a dial tone. Don't use an office PBX line or phone to test for a dial tone. Listen for the touch tone sounds when dialing the Internet. If you can't hear them, check the modem properties found in the My Computer connections. Double-click My Computer. Select Dial-up Networking.
Click on More Info under diagnostics to test the modem and settings.
Be sure your password, dialup number, and login name are correct.
Cable or DSL Check the lights on the router or modem and make sure none are amber or red. They should be green or flicker green. If not, reset the modem, router, and the hub by turning the power off for a minute and then turning it on again.
Next, check the settings for your network. Network settings for DSL are usually set to automatically detect the network. If the modem lights won't turn green and stay amber or red, you should call your Internet service provider or cable company for assistance.
|To clean up your e-mail by using the E-mail cleaner ( DownLoad now by clicking )|
1. Highlight the text that you want to remove spaces and >>> from.
2. Find and click on edit drop down to copy and click
3. open Smilie face /cleaner program by click on on it. (usually on desk top or task bar
4. Look in the large text window of the Smilie face /cleaner program to find a flashing cursor. Now you can click on Edit and drop down to Paste click
5. Now click on the yellow smilie face on the toolbars (at the end)
6. Find and click on edit drop down to "copy all" and click. Now go to your new mail or (write mail) and start the new mail.
7. Address and subject
8. click so cursor is flashing in the "text window" then Find and click on edit drop down to paste and click. New cleaned text should appear in the window.
|How to LOG IN to MSN Instant Messenger & Hotmail|
|Right or left click on the Green "pawn" ICON located on the TASK BAR. Next left click on Open in the new window that Just appeared to see who is on line. Now you can right click on any person who is listed under the ONLINE list. Next select the options such as Send an Instant messenger, send a file, make a call etc. with a left click.|
How to make "HAPPY FACE" on MSN Instant Messenger
|You hold down the shift key and
press : and ) then send it
You hold down the shift key and press : and ( then send it
You hold down the shift key and press : and D then send it
You hold down the shift key and press : and P then send it
you need to hold the shift down while you press the : and the )
d= )= (= P=
the : +) have to be together while you hold down the shift key
if you look to the top of this screen it shows a env. with Invite next to it that is how you can add more persons to this chat Drop down to have others join then click on the person you wanted to add to the IM
How do you add an attachment when creating a new mail Outlook Express?
1. Open by Click on new mail ICON that is located on top left hand window near the inbox.
This will open up a new window called New Message.
2. Click on TO which has a picture of a book. That opens up new window called select Recipients.
Find the first name you want to email and click once. If you have more than one Person, the additional persons are added by holding down control button on keyboard, Then Click on each additional name. After select all names you want to send a Email to, then click on the TO,or CC, or BCC which is in the center of this Window.
Name should appear to right of button clicked.
Now click on OK. The window disappears and you go back to the new message window you want to send.
3. Next click on line [white text block / window] which says Subject (2 or 3 lines down) and type in your subject name.
4. Drop down to big white block and type message.
Next to the priority sign, is block says attach. Click on attach, and you get a new window, which says insert attachment. A smaller window, which has documents and select file you want and click, and it will show up as file under the subject line.
How do you save an attachment when creating a new mail Outlook Express?
Now the problem this only WORKS on mail that was NOT forwarded.
2. Click on FILE, drop down to SAVE ATTACHMENTS and click. Presto a new window appears called SAVE ATTACHMENTS look at the bottom left and check where you are saving your photo or Document. (The best place to store documents is in the MY DOCUMENTS folder.) You can create additional folders such as JOKES, PHOTOS, HOBBIES, SEWING, etc.)
3. Make sure that the PATH is correct.
I.E. C:/MY DOCUMENTS/JOKES/G RATED or C:/MY DOCUMENTS/PHOTO/GRANDCHILDREN/
4. If the path is NOT correct then click on the BROWSE BUTTON to the right and find the path you want.
Highlight the files listed in the large white window that you want to save. To highlight individual files you can hold down the control key to select the files you want to but in which folder.
Now click on the SAVE BUTTON near the top right corner of the SAVE ATTACHMENTS window.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all the files are placed where you want them.
Juno, Netscape and other mail program steps will not be covered here.